October 26, 2018
For over twenty-five years, the Hatboro-Horsham Educational Foundation (HHEF) has been awarding grants and helping the Hatboro-Horsham school district achieve its goals. No different than any other year HHEF hosted their annual grant reception on October 24. The grant reception is for teachers and staff who were awarded grant money for their innovative learning ideas from the 2018-19 school year.
Eighteen grants were awarded ranging from a Broadway singer to LEGO robots.
The foundation awarded over 100 thousand dollars for grants this school year. The foundation is looking forward to seeing what this upcoming school year will bring for new ideas.
2018-19 Innovative Learning Grants
- Sensory Sensitivity Solution
- Alexis Schagrin & Jill Moynaha: Hatboro-Horsham High School
- KV Library 4 C-Able Makersapce
- Lisa Quinn: Keith Valley Middle School
- Makey Makey: Be Stoked!
- Kevin Deissler: All Elementary Schools
- LEGO Robot Invasion Part III: The Final Countdown
- Kevin Deissler, Amy Ambler, Dan Beck, Tara Grow, Eric Glemser, Kyle Milbrand, Nicole Miletto, Kelly Conlan, and John Schumann
- Mindfulness in the Classroom
- Sarah Carner and Heather Brzezinski: Pennypack Elementary School
- Synthesize with STREAM
- Karen Roseman and Kevin Deissler: Simmons Elementary School
- Creative Design Through Collaboration and Construction
- Val Fasy and Carol Miller: Keith Valley Middle School
- Building Community #underconstruction
- Tami Wunder-Italia and Val Slott: Crooked Billet-Hallowell Learning Community
- Mindfulness Comes First
- Nancy Castle and Diane Heitzenrater: Crooked Billet-Hallowell Learning Community
- Creative Minds: An Innovative Maker’s Space
- John Schumann: Pennypack Elementary School
- Broadway Comes to HHSD
- Jon Timmons and Mindy Rubinlicht: Hatboro-Horsham High School and Keith Valley Middle School
- Greenhouse and Compost Area
- Dianne Hitchens and Tom Butts: Hatboro-Horsham High School
- Mindfulness Matters
- Dipa Richardson and Ryan Thomas: Blair Mill Elementary School
- The Synergistic Wall of Collaboration
- William Yuengel: Hatboro-Horsham High School
- STEM All Year
- Kelly Conlan: Crooked Billet Elementary School
- Coding for All Ages!
- Sharon Mirabelli and Christine Jenkins: Pennypack Elementary School
- Fast Track to English Language Acquisition and Digital Library
- Juan Suarez-Romero: Hatboro-Horsham High School
- Teleprompters for TV Production newsmagazine show
- Andrew Berchick: Hatboro-Horsham High School